Path of Shadows is a stealth game in which you control an inhuman assassin capable of controlling the shadows.
Path of Shadows is a 3rd Person Stealth Game for PC, Mac and Linux that combines the essence of stealth classics like the Tenchu Saga with the modern approach of recent gems like Mark of the Ninja and Dishonored.
You control a reborn warrior in a mission to rescue a mysterious girl from a fortress. To aid you in this task, you are given the power of Shadow Control. To infiltrate the fortress you will need to sneak past guards, teleport between shadows, create your own areas of darkness and strategically assassinate your targets.
- You are the perfect assassin.Infiltrate the sacred city with your supernatural skills. Control the shadows of your environment and move instantly between them. You are one with the shadows.
- Choose your playstyle.Each situation has different possible approaches. Will you be the merciless emissary of death? Or maybe an undetectable ghost?
- A beautiful and mysterious world.Watch the world of Path of Shadows come alive with an unique dark cel shaded art style, vivid with detail.
- Return to the roots of stealth.Go back to the days of pure stealth with classic gameplay mechanics and challenging difficulty.
- Replayability.Replay each scenario to improve your stealth rating. Complete each scenario with different tactics and achieve perfection.
..there’s a competent stealth game here, with some cool ways to hunt and dispatch the patrolling guards.
It looks like a lot of fun, and I will definitely be downloading this..
One of the most eye-catching games from the IGF 2014 Student Competition.
It resembles an over-the-shoulder Mark of the Ninja, with a protagonist who is wearing a magical glyph version of Isaac Clarke’s RIG read-out.
Rock Paper Shotgun
..with a project this accomplished I hope they’re putting thought into expanding it into a more lengthy game.
Wow. Watch the first level of this student-made gorgeous ninja/action game!
Path of Shadows’ Shadow Control is the first novel hook in stealth games in forever.